Lund University Africa Day 16 April
The LU Africa Day is a result of the Lund University Strategy for collaboration with Africa. The need for a university-wide platform was identified and this year, LU arranges the third Africa Day. The purpose is to promote collaboration with and interest for Africa.
At the Africa Day 2018, you will have to opportunity to:
- Listen to one of Sweden’s most distinguished Africanists – Prof Göran Hydén – who will talk about “Beyond Foreign Aid in Africa: Challenges and Opportunities”
- Take part of experiences from Ms Marika Griehsel, previous Africa reporter at Swedish Television SVT
- Speed present your research related to Africa
- Network with colleagues
- Enjoy a debate on “Sustainable Transformation in Africa – rapid urbanisation and a growing young population”
- Enjoy an African buffet lunch
The venue is Eden Lecture Theatre (Edens hörsal) and the programme starts at 9.00 on 16 April.
Registration is open for all LU staff and students. Registration form and programme is available at: https://www.universitysurvey.se/LUGS/LIME/index.php/survey/index/sid/94…
Registration will close on 4 April.