Bachelor Programme in Development Studies – instructions for HT2021
If you are beginning your third semester this autumn, you apply for the courses online at Antagning.se (to the fifths semester you are automatically admitted to courses within your programme).
Please start by reading the general instructions for applying to courses within a study programme down below.
Courses offered in the autumn semester 2021
Information regarding semester 3
This semester you specialize within one of the four major disciplines (Economic History, Human Geography, Political Science or Sociology). You can choose your 30 credits from the following courses:
- EKHB21 Growth, Stagnation and Inequality in Africa (7,5 ECTS)
Period: 2021-11-01 - 2021-01-16 (Only available in BIDS programme)
- EKHD02 Economic History: The Global Economy (15 ECTS)
Period: 2021-08-30 – 2022-01-16
- EKHD05 The Emergence of Modern Health Care Systems, (7.5 ECTS)
Period: 2021-08-30 - 2021-10-29 (Internet/Distance)
- SASE13 Population Aging and the Welfare State (7,5 ECTS)
Period: 2021-08-30 – 2021-10-03
- EOSE01 The Rise of Europe and the Atlantic Economy (7,5 ECTS)
Period: 2021-08-30 - 2021-10-31
- EOSE02 Colonialism and Economic Change in Africa, Asia and Latin America (7,5 ECTS) Period: 2021-08-30 - 2021-10-31
- EOSE03 The Global South: Comparative Economic Development since 1945 (7,5 ECTS) Period: 2021-11-01 - 2022-01-16
- EOSE04 Economic growth in Modern Europe, North America and the OECD Club (7,5 ECTS) Period: 2021-11-01 - 2022-01-16
- SGED11 The Contemporary Geography of African Development I (15 ECTS). Period: 2021-08-30 - 2021-10-31
- SGED12 The Contemporary Geography of African Development II (15 ECTS). Period: 2021-11-01 - 2022-01-16
- SGEA20 Samhällsgeografi, grundkurs (30 ECTS - only in Swedish). Period: 2021-08-30 - 2022-01-16
- SGEG20 GIS: Geografiska informationssystem för samhällsvetenskap, introduktion med tillämpningar (30 ECTS - only in Swedish).
Period: 2021-08-30 - 2022-01-16
- SGEA23: Human Geography, continuation course (30 ECTS).
Period: 2021-08-30 - 2022-01-16
- STVC02 The Politics of Development (15 ECTS, Period: 2021-08-30 - 2021-10-31) and STVC05 International Political Economy and Development (15 ECTS, Period: 2021-11-01 - 2022-01-16)
- SOCA26 Sociology of Global Development and Sustainability (30 ECTS). Period: 2021-08-30 - 2022-01-16
Information regarding semester 3
You will automatically get the courses UTVC25 Development Cooperation in Practice (15 ECTS) and UTVC26 Research Methods in Development Context (15 ECTS).
No more than 30 credits within the programme/semester
Please note that you cannot register for more than 30 ECTS credits within the programme/semester. If you want to register for more credits (up to 45 ECTS) you should then apply for the extra credits as (freestanding) single subject courses.
During the autumn term, you need to take 30 credits. Make sure that the courses do not overlap with courses that you have already studied! Furthermore, you are not guaranteed to be accepted to a certain course or a certain course package. However, as students on a Degree Programme, you are prioritised for the courses within the Faculty of Social Sciences.
E-mail: bids [at] keg [dot] lu [dot] se.
General instructions for applying to courses within a study programme autumn term 2021
Last day for application
Last application date for an autumn semester is April 15, and October 15 for a spring semester. The application period normally opens one month before the last application date. Since it usually is a lot of people applying for courses on the last application date, you should try and apply before that.
For the next coming semester you either apply on Antagning.se, sign up for your courses on “Studentportalen” or get the courses automatically. What applies for your programme is described in the instructions above.
Applying at www.antagning.se
To find courses at Antagning.se you can apply for within your study programme you first need to log in: Go to “Logga in” and choose “Lunds Universitet” in the scroll list under “Logga in via studentportalen”. Use your student account user ID to log in. That means you must have access to your student account and password.
If you lost your user ID or password, you can create a new using passport.lu.se where you log in with your personal ID and password from antagning.se. You can also go to a student desk at the university and get a one-time code that you can use to set a new password. You may contact LU Service Desk at tel 046-222 90 00 weekdays between 08 and 17.
If you need a new password for antagning.se please contact antagning.se for this. Note that LU Service Desk cannot answer admissions questions.
If a course can be applied for either within your programme or as a free-standing course, you must actively choose one of the alternatives. As a student on a study programme you should put your alternatives within the program at the top of your application to minimize the risk of getting unnecessary gaps in your programme studies.
You cannot register for more credits within your programme than your programme comprises. So, if you apply to courses within your programme and it turns out that you are already registered for the maximum credits, your application for those courses that exceed the maximum credit limit will be converted to (freestanding) single subject courses, if possible. Otherwise the courses will be deleted.
NB! Even if you apply to both courses within your programme and (freestanding) single subject courses, you cannot be admitted to more than 45 credits in all.
If you fail with applying to your programme courses, please contact your department well before the last day for application.
Normally, no appendices need to be enclosed; however, please see enclosed instructions for your programme.
The Notification of Selection Results is sent out the second week of July for the autumn semester and the second week of December for the spring semester.
If you have applied via Antagning.se you will get an e-mail, to the e-mail address you have stated in your user account, with information that your selection result is available on Universityadmissions.se / Antagning.se.
Reply to your offer
Any student admitted or placed on a waiting list must respond. It is necessary to respond to the admissions decision no later than the date specified in the admissions decision; otherwise, you will lose your place.
You are obliged to ensure that the decision reaches you. If you have not received the admissions decision 4 days before the last day to reply to your offer (see antagning.se for specific date), please contact us at 0771-550720, so you have time to reply in time.